Monday, June 28, 2010

You want me to WHAT????

I just printed off my Completing Him Challenge to do list this am. I am suppose to pray for my husband daily this week. And for bonus pray and fast on one of those days. What? Oh my dear do you not know I am doing good Not to kill him!!! My morning read started off with Psalm 119. I read 1- well I'm not sure where I got to because kept going back to verse 1-8. Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their hearts. That is 1-2. 7 reads I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws. Honesty y'all are going to be surprised how many times the Bible speaks of "walking", "to walk in" or "to walk with." So I read these verses and my first halting point was blameless you must be joking...Hmmm? And then in the second verse they who keep his statutes and seek him. Are you Blameless? Me neither! So what is it talking about? Well...go deeper a bit perhaps. I am thinking it means a blameless heart as could be seen in your life through your actions and words. And are you seeking the Lord with all your heart or just half so so doing it... Then in verse 7 I am given a bit of peace of mind in that it reads "as" I learn. So does God cut you some slack? Depends! Where is your heart?....And with that... I need to go ask my husband if he has any specific prayer request today! Oh y'all pray for me this is going to be hard!!!!............ ( For those wondering I am reading the NIV of the Holy Bible....well I read several different ones KJ, NKJ but the NIV is the one I have in BIG BOLD I'm going blind type print...so that's the one I will reference the most.)

No comments:

Post a Comment