Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birthday Wishes And Caviar Dreams

Actually, I think the cache phrase is Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams....Honestly I'm not to partial to champagne or caviar....Now some really good sweet wine and I am all in... preferably some ice wine although I have been unable to find any as of late. I recently had a birthday....too old and holding!!!! And the birthday as birthdays seem to do ...got me to thinking....Do any of our Birthday Wishes ever come true? Do dreams wished upon a star ever come to life? Does anything ever work out like it was suppose too? OK ...like we want them too? Is there some magical mystical something another that I have simply never been able to figure out? No, I do not think so. Then I got to trying to remember....yeah that hurt and strained my brain....What in the world did I use to dream of when I was younger. And then I remembered..... I wanted a Piano, I wanted to go to college. I dreamed of growing up and getting married and more than anything in the world I wanted to have children. Lots of children! LOL!!! I always wanted to travel, see the world, live life to the fullest....those kinds of dreams....So how have I done.....????Well, I had a piano and then sold it to get to Ohio to go to Nanny School, I went to college...for 9 yrs!,( College was AWESOME!!!) I am married, and I have 3 children. I have traveled some...but just in the U.S.A. ...but none the less I have seen some beautiful things....some beautiful places....some beautiful events. Were any of them a direct result of wishes wished and daydreams come to life?? Not very likely!!!!...

Yeah Yeah Yeah I know where you think I am going to go with this now...and I will ..but first lets think.....Age 11 wish for piano...age 12 Father buys piano...age 19 I sale piano! Hmmm? So who or what was responsible for the culmination of that dream becoming reality. Not yet...but you know I am getting there!LOL! Well first I had to wish it, then I had to tell the father, then the father had to care enough about the wish to want to also share in the dream and provide the "piano" in this analogy, then the father had to come up with the money to purchase the piano, then he had to find just the right one; in my case it was an "old" upright with the ivory keys worn down and the varnish was non existent,then life happened and I sold it. ( That's the short version)So was it the dream, the wish, or just plain old good luck or good fortune. Hmmm? My answer or opinion is twofold....1) Your dreams and mine come true because of choices made... and 2) in direct relationship to the Father.....Yep Yep you knew I was going there!!! Don't diss me just yet....think on it!!!! For me I am of course referring to my heavenly Father. If ya wish you could chalk it up to your earthly father and your environment as well. Truthfully many people blame and attribute their "sucky" lives to their parents or to the life they were born into. I could go that route and explain it all!!!! Again....CHOICES....But this I know.....Yep....Because the Bible Told Me SO!!!!....Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. "I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." Lets face is it all of us have at some point in our lives felt as though someone or something just picked us up and sat us straight down into the fire filled pits of Hell. Well they did and it was God! Choices we make lead to different paths and different outcomes. But during all of it all ,no matter the chosen path the Father has a plan for you...yours just for you....and they are not to harm you...That is not of God...that is of your Choice. So if you are struggling as I am...hold on to your dreams and wishes, take them to your Father with all your heart, pray to him, and then rest peacefully knowing that He is listening and He can be found by you.....but first you must choose! I have made lots of choices and taken many different paths. None of which have ever been null and void of the power of God or the delightful reprieve of a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment