Friday, July 30, 2010

A Letter From Christ

Early on in my relationship with my husband I use to spend hours talking to him. When I was unable to talk with him in person during college breaks and Holidays; I use to spend hours and days writing him letters. Even when we were at college but were busy with work or studies, I would email him long emails. I got to thinking the other day about how long it had been since I had wrote him a letter. No not a "Honey Do" list but a real letter. How long has it been since you wrote your husband a letter? How about a little love note? Yeah me neither! I did get him a very nice anniversary card a couple of weeks back that was very beautifully written. He got me a humorous one about wanting "hot-sex" or something of that nature. OK - so each letter was suppose to stand for something and it really was not about that, but all I read was the "hot-sex" part and laid the card down and tried my best not to cry or complain. I was hurt but did my best to hide it. After all; 10 years is a big milestone! It should be something special. From our anniversary on there have been some very difficult days. I totally tossed the whole idea of trying to save this mess right out the door and then some. And then I got to thinking about the whole letter writing thing after a Bible study I attended this week. Not just in reference to my marriage either. 2 Corinthians 2-3 reads "You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts. Yes read that again....Let that sink in a moment. Take a long moment if necessary. ............YOU are a letter from Christ!.....I am a letter from Christ!....And my next thought was where is the White-Out ??? I got a few type-Os's!!!!OK so lots of them. Seriously I did think that. I wrote it on a piece of scrap paper right next to me during the Bible study. Now process that some more....what have you been etching on your husbands heart? How about your children? Your neighbors? Your friends? Co-workers? Extended family? What message have you been carrying around? And then I went one more step... I was already crying why not?....Hmmm? No wonder some people tend to run screaming from us Christians in discomfort, fear, or disgust. To think we really piss some people off. Someone apparently had no clue that they were a letter from the King and apparently did not give thorough thought or consideration to the message they were sending. So be mindful of your message and above all else seal it with Love.....After all there is no eraser for what is etched on a human heart...well technically there is.......and his name is Jesus. And He works way better than white-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment