Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Runnaway Bunny

The Runaway Bunny is a book by Margaret Wise Brown. Years ago we bought this book for Grace or possibly Ella...so it's nearly 11 to 9 years old. I have read this book a BAZILLION times!!!! Recently I have had the repeated blessing of reading it to my youngest child yet again for like a BAZILLION times!!! Oh how I love to curl up with a kid of any size and age and read this book; along with the book Goodnight Moon also by Margaret W. Brown.
The Runaway Bunny is a story of a little Bunny who wants to run away! Duh! Hence the title...Right? When little bunny tells his mother he is going to run away, the mother says, " If you run away... I will run after you...For you are my little bunny." I do not get much past that first page before the tears start to roll...and roll and roll.....I never had a mother to come after me. I did however have a great grandmother and some super awesome teachers who I give tremendous credit for carrying me through some very long and dark days. I owe or rather I credit all of them with saving my very life. Trust me... I had a rough time during my childhood and into my teenage years. Yes I had a mother...but she made it a habit of abandoning me...and on more than one occasion would do so unannounced and leave me unattended...Yep just up and leave and never be heard from for months on end...With that said, fast forward...many years and here I am with 3 beautiful blessings of my own and I can not even fathom the idea of doing such a thing. Sure I have my bad days when I feel like...walking away...for in truth I do not get nearly enough rest or support as a MOM that perhaps I feel I am due. But with that said...again... I would never do such a thing, and so as I was reading this story on one particular night or perhaps it was an afternoon or maybe a morning...They all blend in around here.....I drew a conclusion or maybe I should say a parallelism between the relationship between this child and his mother and the relationship each and everyone of us has with God. Yes I said ALL of us...
The mother in this book...she climbed mountains, she swam streams, she walked tight ropes, she became a tree, she even became the wind in order to guide a rescue her wondering son. God sent his son to offer us a guiding hand....even to those who do not believe. When you look at that newborn and wonder where did that smell come from or how in this world is her skin so soft...God is there. When you succeed, when you fail, when you wonder around in the world...He is there. You can run nowhere that he is not...ocean yep that His handy work, your loss or gain He is there. In the storm, in the sunshine...over and under every rock. On your wedding day, during your business travels, while you screw off on FB!!! YES he's there too....you took him there and he is never going to leave you. He loves you too much. He will give you every opportunity to seek him as is in his plans. He is relentless and perseveres through all of your life. More than any mother...or any worldly father. HE is after all...your FATHER. He loves you!......Sooooooo...you know its coming......So...go get your BIBLE and seek him. Matthew 7: 7-8, Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be open. You are loved and He is there...wherever and however you are right now in this moment and every other moment you are blessed with. Seek Him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment