Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What was I afraid of?

What was I afraid of? There are a lot of UGLY people at the pool! Every year I am faced with same old me. Same size too! Same size for at least the last 11 yrs and wasn't much smaller before then either. My "ladies" were a few sizes smaller and perkier but that's about it! So off to the pool we go... This year I am not wearing my usual black "nursing" bathing suit. Yes they make them...and I bought it when I had Grace! I was wearing my "other " bathing suit...the hot pink one, with plunging neckline and a cute "not-so little" skirt. I also have on the ugliest navy blue t-shirt borrowed from the hubby on... to cover up with!!!LOL!!! As if no one is going to see me now! I have on the magic cover up t-shirt!!!....The family and I had a really good but short lived time. Short lived for 2 reasons: 1) We did not go till 4 as that was the time the prices dropped. Thus the swim lasted only 1 hour and 45 minutes. 2) And also short lived because Ella got sick immediately afterwards. Regardless of this; we had very pleasant time together. That does not happen much for this family. Sooooo while swimming I naturally did a bit of "people" watching! WAY more fun that looking at peopleofwalmart.com!!! Seriously what am I embarrassed about? All my major parts were inside my bathing suit and all was accounted for! Wow what some people deem is good to go is AMAZING!!!! One very attractive young girl was wearing a very "hot" pink 2 piece number. Only problem was I honestly have no idea how she picked up her girls and stuffed them in! Another lovely elderly lady with a "dark" tan was in a leopard type one piece. All was well except for the fact that she had NO teeth! There were at least 5 other women and a couple of men who by far weighed more than me! Now I just estimated that of course. I did NOT walk up to them and ask. I am not stupid...besides I did not want to burst their bubbles and let them know I weighed less than they did. Because I know they were looking at me too!
For sure I had to remind my husband of that Bible verse about the guy needing his eyes gouged out for looking at things he should not. Don't' ask me where it is...its in there!!!!...And then it was during this fun and entertaining moment that I thought two things;Yes 2...that's a good simple number you know. So first thought...Wow God is AMAZING he made lots of different kinds of people. And ......2) What the crack am I afraid of...there are LOTS of UGLY people at the pool. And...wait maybe there was 3 thoughts....3) All my cracks were covered! So go on...go to the pool this summer regardless of all that fluffy stuff keeping you company in that 10 yr old bathing suit! Everyone else has got some too...just all in different colors and sizes!!!! God loves ya just the way YOU are...because he made you that way. And we all know God does not make NO JUNK...regardless of size! Go on do a CANNONBALL! I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment