Thursday, June 2, 2011

This Bud's for you and all you do!!!

The King of Beer is coming through! What? I mean The Queen of Cheer is here for YOU!!!! That commercial has not aired in years..... Don't ask why it came to mind when I was trying to think of a Blog topic....And with that....(Having absolutely nothing to do with the above title)

Was washing dishes a while ago...like for the tenth time today!!! And was yet again thinking about Grace and her diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes. Sorry forgive me...but I am a MOM and well I so just do NOT want this for her. Not unlike any mother who wants to make all the boo boos better! I so want to change this. I so want to make her all better. Who am I kidding I would take it on me in a moment... If that is what God had planned. Of course if God had that planned then it would be me and not her....And the other horrid lingering fact is both siblings are have more than a 75% chance of developing Type 1 Diabetes too....So its like I am living with never know. But then again do I want to know Gods Plans??? Seriously If we knew what the plan was...we would forever be trying to change it. Good or Bad we would live our life trying to avoid the bad and hurry up and get to the good parts. ...But for sure I know Gods plan.....he plans to prosper me and not to harm me! Right? Well Yes!!!...But WOW what is his thinking? Wow What is he doing????....I do not know every detail.....BUT OH MY OH MY it is going to be AWESOME!!!



But for now...this is my life:


5:45 am....Wake up pray, read, or....try to sleep just 45 more minutes.
6:30 Feed the chickens, and try to figure out something to fix/cook for breakfast.
6:45 Wake up husband and start cooking breakfast.
7:00 Say good morning to the girls and continue cooking.
7:15 Get Ella up for Breakfast and school. ( Because she has fallen back to sleep)
7:30 Feed everyone but Grace breakfast! Brush Ella's hair. Pack up Ella's Book bag.
( Grace is still snoozing!....Not an early riser for sure)
7:45 Come up with something for husbands lunch, pack it and toss it to him.
7:50 Listen to Jasper SCREAM as Ella and DADDY leave out the drive way.
8:00 Change Jasper's diaper and get him dressed. Load everybody's dishes into a sink full
of the first of MANY piles of dishes and some warm soapy water!
8:10 Call to Grace to respond to me: Grace WAKE UP! Grace respond to me!( Hmmm? No
answer.) Grace I need you to wake up and respond to Mommy!!! ! 1, 2, 3...NO response!
Take deep breath, pray, run to her room shake her senseless and scare the crap right out of
her and poke/prick her finger to get a glucose reading...The first of about 7 each day!!!
Praise God out loud that she is ok and was just simply still sleeping soundly. Reading was
97.
8:30 Give Grace her breakfast....which she gets to warm up herself since I fixed it an hour ago.
But Thank-you Jesus she is alive and breathing and not in a coma...So I do not fuss too
much...Plus she gets to take the 1st insulin shot of the day...FUN NOT!
9:00 Household chores, FB, talk and cozy up on the couch with Jasper and Grace.
9:15 Boot Grace off the couch to go wash her face, brush teeth, get dressed, and brush her hair.
9:30 Begin school with Grace and Jasper.....
10:30 Give Grace a 1 - 2 carb count snack ( 30 carb grams or less) Then it is time for her to do
some school work on her own. Change Jasper's Diaper...and play with him.
11:30 Review Grace's work. Discuss any on going projects, and or any corrections that need to be
made on her work. Brainstorm with her regarding lunch options. Check her glucose
levels. (Prick #2) During this time I am trying really hard to keep Jasper from doing un-
repairable damage to the computer and plumbing!!!
12:00 Administer Insulin and share lunch with Grace and Jasper. Put dirty dishes in sink with
fresh soapy water ( Round #2) Pray that Jasper will go to sleep for LONG nap!!!
12:30 Take Jasper and get him down for his nap. Oh Please Oh Please!!!!!!
12:45 (Am I boring you yet?) Finish eating my lunch and try to figure out whether I took a
shower this morning or not. (NOT...That explains that smell and gross feeling or....
maybe I just put Jasper to sleep with poop in his diaper! I am a horrible MOM!)
1:00 Begin the afternoon session of schooling with Grace.
2:15 Finish up what schooling we are working on. Check Grace's insulin...( Finger stick
#3!) Give Grace and Jasper a quick snack and load them up in the van to go get Ella from
school.
3:00 Return home with Ella and crew all on board and with any luck not bottoming out or
blowing up the sugar ricture scale...which is anything over 220!

I wrote this one day a few months back...thought it was still worth sharing...Life is a bit smoother now....well sometimes it is!!!! But this is life! And I am a gonna life it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment