Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Enough Crawling Already....

OK so enough crawling already...rise up and .....Yep that's about the place where I have to insert something other than what I am doing? I am one very hurting and angry women. Do you ever feel this way? So I am confessing here. I carry my anger with my husband way too far sometimes. I go crazy and just knock him right up the side of the head WACK!!!! And oh yes it feels so GOOD!!!! I want nothing more than to be a fruitful vine within my home (Psalm 127:3). Truly! I pray and wish and dream of this wonderful marriage and family! And then I wake up to reality. Sure I am blessed in many ways. I have a husband. I have 3 beautiful children. But ....(Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. I am getting seriously tired of laboring in vain. Now notice that reads builders as in two at the least! I assume as the children grow and contribute they too can build. Gods' design is for both the man and the women to build the home; ideally with the man in the lead. I'm here in the home cooking, cleaning, canning , freezing, changing diapers, home schooling the girls, meal planning, mending his shirts, performing minor surgery on beloved stuffed animals and so forth. And just exactly what is he doing? Oh and I am trying, but struggling my way through a summer long challenge in "Completing Him"! Complete him...What ? There I go again ...Yeah so I am suppose to complete him...sounds like a line from a movie! But you have got to be kidding me.....as I have said in previous posts; I am doing well just to let him live! However, the truth is that yes I am to be his helpmate and should complete him. You do remember I also said the Bible is my standard. So what does the Bible say? Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above not on earthly things. And yes here it comes....Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands as is fitting in the Lord. Hold it...hang on did you catch that?....as is fitting in the Lord. Hmmm? True, it does mean that as a wife I should submit to my husbands leadership. But it also means that I am to submit only to those things that are fitting in the sight of the Lord. Think on that a bit. I'm not talking be a doormat or a punching bag. That would not be fitting in the Lord. But it does mean to Love your husband even in spite of himself. But mostly keep trying to love your self. Because you know he's not going to remember too!!!!!So let me encourage you to stop crawling, rise up and.....Love your husbands! And Lord could you show me the way?????

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the honesty you write with. The Lord will bless you if you follow Him. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete