Friday, July 2, 2010

Viral Invasion

Sorry for no posts the past couple of days. The family and I came down with a virus. I think it's kind of funny that I mentioned crawling in my last post. Fortunately, none of us had to crawl. But there was a lot of running to the restroom! So ...while I was a bit under weather I have continued my very slow read through the Book of Psalm. I am currently reading Psalm 119. This is just from my personal reading time which I try to do daily but sometimes I am studying some particular point out and I spend so much time on that point that I do not get my personal reading time in. Other times I choose to spend a day or so reflecting on my readings. And I will admit there are those times that I allow life to get between me and His word. Sadly it does happen and it is usually on those days that I am feeling overwhelmingly unworthy to come before the Father. But that topic is for another day...Back to the virus. So I am reading Psalm 119 and I get to verse 73; Your hands have made me and formed me; give me understanding to learning your commands. Wow! How much do you love something you make and form with your own hands? Yep that's how much we are loved by Him! Alas, still not my point! But a great verse none the less. Then comes verse 74; May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word. Oh my! Lets break that down. The first part of the verse refers to those who fear the Lord. When is the first time you ever met a Christian? No not just any old Christian but one of those Christian NUTS!!!! Yeh you know them. Now what kind of feeling did you get in your stomach the momment you realized they were NUTS?. Yep there it is ...VIRUS!!!! Seriously perhaps it was before you were of the Christian faith. Perhaps you are not a Christian yet. Perhaps you are a new Christain and still get "that" feeling. Now think what do you do when someone knocks on your door and you see that it is two young men dressed in black slacks,white shirt and black tie? Oh yes you do...You RUN! Oh no I am not at home!!! What's the feeling...Virus!!! Even better it's too late to run you have been spotted so now you make up some excuse not to have a little visit. You know you do it. I do it. So what is it we really fear? Surely it is not the little old lady from your church that just spotted you in the middle of Wal-Mart!!! No It's JESUS! You are afraid of HIM. You are afraid of HIS words. No...more so you are afraid of HIS ways. Part 2 of the verse is rejoice when they see me. So how do you think God feels about you running from Him. Well ... He does not want you to fear Him but to rejoice! Do people see Jesus in you? Do they see His ways at work in you and through you? The final part states; for I have put my hope in your word. Are you a person of His word? Honestly I have read this verse a dozen times now and each time I get a different set of goose bumps! But here's the deal this is eactly how I want the world to feel about me. When you see Michelle I want you to see Him and rejoice! I want to put my mind not only into the reading of His word, but to place all my hope into His hands. When you see me I do not want you to run. (Unless it is to run towards me and give me a hug. Because I like me some hugs!) Not only that but If I am wearing my "Christian-ness" correctly according to the Bible as my standard. Well then you should never feel the need to barf or divert and run. Because you see it is my ultimate goal to not only go and be with my Father someday but to also have the Master say ....Well done, good and faithful servant.Oh! and daughter you put just the right amount of salt in it!!!!(Matthew 25:21; Colossians 4:6)...MP

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady....I found this site that I thought you might be interested in - http://www.navpress.com/landing/content.aspx?id=906&LangType=1033. It's a program where publishers send you books for free if you agree to write reviews of them on your blog. They are mostly Christian/Bible books, so I thought that it would be something that you would enjoy! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete